Nineteen sporting clubs across the Gladstone Region are set to receive funding totalling $16,800 through Round 2 of Gladstone Regional Council’s 2017-18 Sport & Recreation Regional Event Funding Program.
“This grants program assists sporting clubs, community groups and businesses to deliver quality sport and active recreational events for the Gladstone Region,” Councillor Trevor said.
Cr Trevor said the grants would assist local organisations to host successful sport and recreation events, attract visitors and promote and enhance the reputation of the Gladstone Region.
Events receiving funding:
- Gladstone Clay Target Club Inc Annual Easter Carnival
- Gladstone Bowls Club Inc Ladies Mixed Pairs
- Gladstone Amateur Basketball Association 2018 Senior Central District Carnival
- Mount Larcom Ladies Bowling Club Inc Ladies Sponsored Fours
- Central Coast Car Club Inc Khanacross Series
- Baffle Creek Boat Club Inc Baffle Creek Raft Race
- Gladstone Road Runners Ecofest Trail Run 2018
- Miriam Vale Ladies Bowling Club Bush to Beach Carnivale
- Gladstone Netball Association Pam Moore Carnival
- Calliope & District Campdraft Association Gold Goblet Campdraft
- Harbour City BMX Club June Blockbuster
- Gladstone Kart Club Inc 2018 Queensland Kart Championships
- Bororen Pony Club Inc Open Sports Day and Gymkhana
- Gladstone & District Junior Rugby League Jason Hetherington Cup 10 Year Anniversary
- Gladstone Equestrian Group 2018 CQ Regional Championships
- Gladstone District Dirtriders Club MX Nationals
- Gladstone MTB (Mountain Bike) Club 6 Hour Cross Country
- Boyne Tannum Bowls Club Inc Senior Mixed Carnival
- Gladstone Gymnastics Club Gladstone Gymnastics Club Invitational