This Saturday the 11th of August sees the Rotary Club of Gladstone’s Annual Swap Meet & Car Boot Sale hit town from 7 am until 2 pm at the Calliope Historical Village.
It’s the highlight of the year for do-it-yourself aficionados and lovers of vintage, where for a $5 entry fee (going towards Rotary’s amazing work in our region and beyond) you can visit a treasure-hunter’s paradise with sellers of pre-loved goods and antiques from all over CQ.
If you’re restoring a classic vehicle of any kind, there’s new and used car, motorcycle and 4WD parts and accessories for all makes and models – maybe you’ll find that manual for a 1976 Datsun Bluebird you’ve been searching for!
For the seasoned op-shopper and market lover, there’s nothing quite like experiencing the thrill of finding that perfect designer label dress, unique piece for your home or collection at a fraction of the cost. Who needs Gumtree when our regional swap-meet has memorabilia, antiques, tools, jewellery, homewares and furniture to spare.
Some stall sites are still available, so if you would like to be amongst the merchants making some extra cash and parting with some of your pre-loved items you can contact Heidi 0409 396 766 or visit the website www.gladstoneswapmeet.com.au
5 Reasons to check out the Swap Meet this weekend!
- Enjoy not paying retail price for treasures.
- Find unique pre-loved articles for your DIY project or car restoration
- Browse for an undervalued antique!
- If it’s lasted this long, it must be quality. Get it for yourself instead of sending it to land fill. What a waste!
- A great family day out with jumping castle and petting-zoo.