I HAVE THE ENERGY, ENTHUSIASM AND EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE
The Gladstone Region deserves a Council who is committed to strong leadership, a vision that represents the residents, backed with sound financial business decisions.
Speaking to people getting around the region there seems to be strong ‘Mood for Change’.
We need to ensure that the next Council gives its residents a balanced blend of real leadership experience and new creative business ideas.
I have a great passion for serving the community and have been honoured to represent the Region in a number of roles.
As one of YOUR selected councillors, I give you my assurance that I am committed and determined to work hard for the people of our Region.
I have been, and will continue to be a strong advocate for this GREAT Region. I will ensure that the community have a say in their future; enhancing the wellbeing, spirit and balanced lifestyle of its senior citizens, families, visitors and children.
I will tackle the tough issues: debt, roads, governance, fluoride, operations & rates review
I am proud of what we have. Will advocate for what we need. We will get what we deserve.
YOU CAN BE CONFIDENT WITH YOUR TRUST IN ME
- Chairman Gladstone Region PCYC 5 years. Qld Club of Year status.
- Resident greater Gladstone & CQ Region for 24 years
- CEO and Board Director GAPDL for over 12 years.
- Member Aust. Govts Regional Development Sub-committee for Region.
- Extensive Local Government experience. Appointed to / member of local, regional, state & national bodies. Received Prime Ministers medal for Service to Community
- Qld Police Officer 27 years. National Police Medal. Youth Development Leader.
- Small family business owner supporting local communities.
- Lead trade, tourism, rural and business delegations.
- Tertiary qual. Management, Business, Finance, HR, Local Govt, Public Safety
- Graduated from School of Hard Knocks. Degree in common sense.
- Fellow Australian Institute of Management. Member Aust. Inst Company Directors.
I CAN DELIVER WHAT OUR REGION DESERVES:
- Strong united bold leadership to tackle the tough issues.
- Deliver much needed review and reform for council and its business affairs.
- Successfully negotiated funding from all 3 tiers of Government.
- Attracted major Cruise Liner industry to Gladstone Region and CQ.
- Facilitated multimillion dollar corporate funding partnerships.
- Proven track record delivering major infrastructure, roads & community services.
- Experience in delivering support / funds for sporting, cultural and community groups
- Working with local organisations to diversify the economy and secure local jobs.
- Commitment to encourage / allow the community to have a say in their future.
- Promoted Gladstone Region, Southern Great Barrier Reef & our rural heartland
- Build pride in our communities, our region and civic pride for what council does.