Around the region parents and caregivers have been packing lunches, day in day out each week for school and kindergarten! With the weather heating up and as we approach the end of the school year, Gladstone News thought we could share some lunch box hints and tips to refresh lunches for both kids and adults!
- There is nothing worse than hot sandwiches on a hot day! Use insulated lunchboxes or cooler bags to avoid lunch overheating!
- If making lunch ahead of time, keep it in the fridge until leaving for school or freeze them in advance.
- Mix things up a bit with vegie sticks dipped into cream cheese, or fruit on skewers to add variety and colour!
- Keep it healthy – batches of delicious raw bliss balls can be kept in the fridge at home and make delicious lunch box snacks.
- If the kids are sick of sandwiches, mix it up with wraps or even rice cakes as an alternative to bread.
- Add lime juice or lemon juice to water bottles for a refreshing citrus twist.