06 Apr Help for not-for-profits under council Community Donations Fund.
Not-for-profit community groups in need of financial assistance are encouraged to apply for inclusion in the 2018/19 round of Gladstone Regional Council’s Community Donations Program.
The Community Donations Program consists of a general pool of funds for a range of community-based organisations. The program was designed to assist not-for-profit
community groups otherwise ineligible for donations from other government or non-government sources.
“The program attracts strong community interest each year and offers substantial benefits to many not-for-profit groups within the Gladstone Region,” Councillor Trevor said.
Councillor Cindi Bush said the Community Donations Program contained various categories with eligible organisations invited to submit one application per category in any financial year.
Categories eligible for funding include:
- Category 1: School/College Bursaries and Awards
- Category 2: Heritage Museums
- Category 3: Regional Events Support – Australia Day Events
- Category 4: Recreational Event Support
- Category 5: Regulatory Fee Reimbursement
- Category 6: Use of Council Plant & Equipment – Non-Sporting Groups
- Category 7: Community Hall Subsidy
- Category 8: Tidy Towns Entry Fees
- Category 9: Waste Tipping Fee Waiver.
- Category 10: Education/Guidance
- Category 11: Performing Arts
“Community groups are encouraged to submit an application for the Community Donations Program by May 31,” Cr Bush said.
The Community Donations Program guidelines and application form can be accessed via Council’s website at www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/donations-and-grants
Information and enquiries about the program can be directed to Council’s Community Donations Officer Janine Sorrensen on 4976 6351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org