Jody McMullen is excited and enthusiastic about representing the Gladstone Region. With a strong background in business and property she hopes to make Gladstone a strong and sustainable place for her young family. (Pictured – Bernie and Lily)
Background – Born in Gladstone in 1984, I am a fifth generation Gladstone local. I’m incredibly proud of my local heritage, and my nomination for Council was originally inspired by the memory of my late Grandfather, Col Cogill, who served as a Councillor in the Calliope Shire for 30 years (as well as starting the Benaraby Rural Fire Brigade, Progress Association and Gladstone Junior Rugby League Club – what a Superstar!). I have followed in my Grandad’s footsteps as far as my passion for the community and am a proud member of several local volunteer service organisations and sporting groups, past and present.
I grew up and attended primary school in Boyne Island, followed by a year at Toolooa High before the Tannum Sands State High School opened in 1998.
Jody studied with CQU in the Business field, and commenced employment in Gladstone working to manage the accommodation and housing needs for the LNG construction workforce.
I have worked alongside some of the most experienced and respected Engineering, Construction and Management professionals in the industry, who have shared key insight into the operations of large-scale projects. I have also had the honour of working with many local industry, tourism, business and service groups, which has only fueled my passion for the Gladstone Region. Today, as well as having the experience needed to critically analyse future prospective construction projects for the Gladstone region, I also possess an in depth understanding of the workings of a large international company.
While working full time I have also completed a Diploma of Business (HR) with CQU and commenced a Bachelor of Human Services majoring in Community Development with USQ (50% complete).
My time in the Real Estate, Finance and Construction Industries, has provided me with important experience and skills, which will help me serve the Gladstone Region as Councillor.
- Local property and development industries.
- Small business startup and operations.
- Large scale, international business.
- Social impact planning and analysis.
- Budget formation and administration (>$100 million).
- Sub-contractor and employee relations and engagement.
- Procurement and tender analysis.
- Contract negotiation, administration and management.
- Ability to facilitate efficient and value added communication, cooperation and collaboration between internal and external Stakeholders.
- Strong research, analysis and reporting abilities.
- Social impact strategy formation and community engagement.
- Six Sigma accreditation.
- Business development and marketing.
- Zonta Club of Gladstone (Secretary & Advocacy Chairperson)
- Rotary Club of Boyne-Tannum (President Elect)
- Gladstone Women’s Health Centre
- Gladstone Coordinated Community Response to Domestic and Family Violence
- Curtis Coast Dolphins Netball Association (Umpire)
- Benaraby Progress Association (new)
- Gladstone Multicultural Association (new)
More about Jody here – www.jodymcmullen.com.au/