Sound like a simple question? Gladstone Crime Prevention Unit say they’ve identified a lack of confidence or confusion within the community about how and when to report an incident.
Recently Gladstone police officers are reporting that they have heard some very strange comments within the community.
Some residents believe police require three calls prior to responding for assistance: This is FALSE.
Police will respond to calls for service on the first call.
Police have also received community feedback where residents have not called police for assistance when they should have.
Members of the public comment: “we didn’t call because we were not sure if we should have”.
This feedback certainly raises concerns for police, as they absolutely need to know if you need help.
- If you are in fear for your safety or someone else’s and it’s happening now, you call Triple Zero – 000.
- If there is a risk of harm or damage to property and its happening now you also call 000.
- If the matter is not urgent and you require police assistance or advice, then think PoliceLink 131 444.
- If the crime has already happened and there is no risk of harm think PoliceLink 131 444.
- If you have information that may assist police to solve a crime or identify a criminal then call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
You can remain anonymous and you tell them what you know, not who you are.
Your information is important to help keep Gladstone a safe place to live, work and play.
It takes a community to prevent crime. The community is important and vital part to help keep Gladstone Safe.