Get the kids helping in the kitchen! These delicious and nutritious meat-free sausage rolls are great for snacks or an easy dinner. Our content writer, Em, served them up last week and her hubby didn’t even realise they were meat-free! They are that good!
Not quite sausage rolls!
3 free range eggs
½ cup of fresh walnuts
1 onion peeled and finely diced
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 cup fetta cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp mixed herbs
3 sheets of puff pastry
Optional Add-Ins: grated zucchini or carrot, garlic fresh herbs and spices.
- Whizz eggs, nuts, onion, tamari and cheese in a food processor until finely chopped, add breadcrumbs, oats and mixed herbs and mix.
- Cut thawed butter puff pastry in half on a working bench
- Place 1/3 of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut into four equal portions, brush the tops milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture and pastry sheets.
- Place sausage rolls on a baking dish and bake at 200C for 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve with BBQ or Tomato Sauce.