St Francis Catholic Primary School opened in January 2005. A strong emphasis is placed on developing an ethos of compassion and care and an opportunity for educational excellence in a Christian environment. A Franciscan Spiritually is adopted with a culture also embracing the Indigenous heritage of this region.
Our educational ethos
- Living Christ centred values
- Teaching the Australian Curriculum through contemporary teaching and learning opportunities
- Encouraging each child to reach their full potential
- Achieving ongoing outstanding results in National Testing
- Providing stimulating extra-curriculum opportunities in Sports, Technologies, 21st Century Learning, Languages other than English (Japanese) and the Arts
Mrs Kathleen Watt (Principal)
‘Catholic Education promotes the Catholic values and morals to those within our school and wider community, as well as maintaining a focus on the academic, physical, emotional and social development of children. St Francis offers educational excellence where the needs of each child are catered for’.
Mr Mark Holmes (School Board Chairperson)
‘St Francis provides a comprehensive education for my children, blending Australian curriculum subjects with Catholic morals and values in an inclusive environment. All of our children explore opportunities in science, technology, music/arts, environmental, and sporting fields. My children enjoy going to school every day, and the community feel at St Francis is warm and inviting.’
Elizabeth Ariens (School Captain)
‘St Francis is a lovely school. The students here are very well mannered. We are a Reef Guardian school so that means we care for our environment and pick up rubbish around our school. The teachers are very friendly and welcoming and help us so much in class. They make sure we are safe. At St Francis the education is amazing, and we are challenged every day’.
PO Box 3506
Tannum Sands 4680 QLD
Phone: (07) 4973 3600