14 Apr Council offers donations to assist Not-For-Profit Community Groups
Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett said there were various categories of funding available and the Community Donations Program generally attracted wide community interest.
“Applications are preferred to be received by April 30 but may still be accepted after this, depending on the availability of remaining funds in each category,” Cr Burnett said.
“In past years, this funding has been highly beneficial offering a helping hand to many local groups and organisations.”
Organisations eligible for a donation are able to submit one application per category in any financial year.
Community Donations Program categories include:
- Category 2: Heritage Museums
- Category 3: Regional Events Support – Australia Day Events
- Category 4: Recreational Event Support
- Category 5: Regulatory Fee Reimbursement
- Category 6: Use of Council Plant & Equipment – Non-Sporting Groups
- Category 7: Community Hall Subsidy
- Category 8: Tidy Towns Entry Fees
- Category 10: Education/Guidance
- Category 11: Performing Arts
The Community Donations Program guidelines and application form can be accessed on Council’s website at www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/donationsand – Grants Information and enquiries about the program can be directed to Council’s Community Donations officer Janine Sorrensen on 4976 6351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org