28 Oct DIY Dishwasher Tablets!
Make a low tox change by making your own low-tox dishwasher tablets! Super easy, and fun to make with the kids! We would love to see you using them at home! hashtag #gladstonenews and #theoilgrove to show us yours!
1 cup bicarb soda
¼ cup citric acid
1 tablespoon doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
10 drops Grapefruit oil (CPTG)
- Put bicarb soda, citric acid, doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, and Grapefruit oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the mixture is an even consistency.
- Place in silicon molds and let sit for four hours. Remove tabs.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use in dishwasher in place of store-bought dishwasher tablets.
Here’s how to clean a dishwasher
- Remove the bottom dish rack. Inspect the dishwasher drain, removing any gunk or food caught there. This will improve drainage, increase cleaning efficiency and prevent damage to the dishwasher.
- Start with an empty dishwasher. Place a cup of white vinegar in a dishwasher-safe container on the upper rack of the machine. Run the dishwasher through a hot-water cycle. This will wash away grease and grime and remove musty odours too.
- Sprinkle one cup of bicarb soda and 5 drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil across the bottom of the dishwasher. Run a short, hot water cycle.
From Jess at The Oil Grove
FB: The Oil Grove