02 Jul Easy Mini Quiche
4 rashers of bacon, diced
1 small onion or 1/2 large – diced (You can use red onion for extra colour instead of a brown onion)
2 tablespoons of tasty cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dash of thickened cream, optional
Sprinkle of fresh or dried parsley, optional
3-4 pre-made frozen puff pastry squares
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease 2 pattycake pans (12 cups) with cooking spray or butter.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, bacon, onion, cheese, salt, pepper, cream and parsley (optional) with a fork until mixed together well.
- Using an egg ring, glass or pastry cutter, cut circles out of the defrosted puff pastry and place into the greased patty cake trays (you can use muffin trays but the patty cake ones fit better).
- Spoon the mixture into the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
These can also be made in a 24 mini muffin baking pan. These are great for parties, or for school lunch boxes.