13 Jun Gladstone Maroons Fan Day: Everything you need to know
Gladstone, get ready for a fantastic day of Origin Heroes!
If you haven’t heard already, the Queensland Maroons are coming straight from their game 1 win to Gladstone to celebrate with the people.
It all kicks off with the street parade TOMORROW (Tuesday 14th June) held in Goondoon Street and starting at 10.30am. Come on down to show your support for the mighty Maroons, show your team colours and bring along something for the boys to sign! There’s also a coaching clinic at 2pm at Marley Brown Oval for students that have been invited by their schools – more details below.
It’s going to be a super busy event with 10,000 attendees expected, so we’ve compiled the most important details so you can plan your day.
Where to park
Officials will be present to direct parking at the following locations
- Memorial Park – access via Railway Terrace near its intersection with Glenlyon Street.
- Gladstone Showgrounds – access via Tank Street.
- 30 Lord Street – access via Pitt Street, near Gladstone Fish Markets.
- 35-47 Central Lane.
Please note: The GECC car park will be open to luncheon attendees who can produce their tickets but is otherwise closed to the general public between 7am to 2.30pm on the day.
Road closures to avoid
The following roads closures will occur from 6am until 12pm midday for the street parade:
- Goondoon Street from Bramston Street to Yarroon Street – full road closure.
- Bramston Street (eastbound) from Glenlyon Street to Oaka Lane – local traffic only.
- 24 William Street to back access of 124 Goondoon Street – full road closure.
- Roseberry Street from Grand Hotel to Westpac – full road closure.
- William Street from Central Lane to 24 William and from back access of 124 Goondoon Street to Oaka Lane – part road closure.
- Roseberry Street from Central Lane to Grand Hotel and from Westpac to Oaka Lane – part road closure.
2pm @ Marley Brown Oval. Changed traffic conditions from 11am to 4pm for the Marley Brown Oval and Briffney Creek coaching clinic and autograph signing session.
- Access to the Centro Homemaker Centre via Harvey Road will be closed to all traffic
- Access to the Harvey Road Tavern and Dan Murphy’s will be limited to a left turn into the premises and a left turn out
- Access into and out of all parking along Harvey Road will be limited to a left turn in and a left turn out.
A temporary car park will be at the bottom field at Marley Brown Oval for the coaching clinic and autograph signing with vehicles to enter via the shared Harvey Road Tavern and Dan Murphy’s entrance off Harvey Road.
“This is not only a history-making moment for rugby league fans throughout our region, but it is something that our community really needs right now”
– Gladstone Rugby League Chairman Richard Duff