19 Dec Have you checked OP results yet?
The moment many Year 12 students have been awaiting/dreading arrived on the weekend with OP results Gladstone being made available.
The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA) released final results and OPs for Year 12 graduates online Saturday 17th of December and certificates will arrive in the post from this week.
Students could/can access their Year 12 results from Saturday 17 December using their Learner Unique Identifier (LUI) and password to log into their learning account on the QCAA’s Student Connect website https://studentconnect.qcaa.ql
The statewide results show:
- 740 students will receive an OP1 — nine more than last year
- 21,403 students will receive an OP between 1 and 15 — 336 more than last year
A breakdown of regional and school will be available in February, called the ‘Outcomes Report’ which will show a school by school comparison of results. OP results Gladstone are currently only available for individual students.
Education Minister Kate Jones said it had been a year of record achievement in senior secondary schools.
“Ninety-three per cent of the 51,613 Year 12 students achieved a Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE),” Ms Jones said.
“We are continuing to see increasing number of students achieving a QCE with another increase on last year’s record.
“I congratulate the class of 2016 on its success and thank Queensland’s dedicated teachers for supporting students every day in the classroom.”
QCAA chief executive officer Chris Rider said Certificates of Academic Commendation would be sent to 908 students who received Very High Achievement (VHA) in at least 24 semesters of Authority subjects (the equivalent of six VHAs).
“The commendation is the first category to be awarded by the QCAA in the annual Queensland Certificate of Education Achievement Awards,” Mr Rider said.
“Winners in a further six categories will be announced at an awards ceremony in February.”
Fast facts – OP results Gladstone
- 51,613 students will receive a Senior Education Profile — 591 more than last year
- 48,055 students will receive a Queensland Certificate of Education — 1134 more than last year
- 26,302 students will receive a Tertiary Entrance Statement (showing their OP) — 130 fewer than last year
- 908 students will receive a Certificate of Academic Commendation for Very High Achievement in the equivalent of at least six Authority subjects (i.e. at least 24 semesters at VHA standard) – the same number as last year
- 28,639 achieved a VET Certificate I, II, III or IV qualification — 2315 fewer than last year
- 1657 students studied a university subject while still at school — 68 more than last year
- 877 students with learning impairments were awarded a Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement —134 more than last year
Gladstone News would like to congratulate all Year 12 students. If you are unhappy with your results – keep in mind that life has lots of wonderful and unexpected opportunities that turn up and regardless of OP score you will be able to make your dreams come true!
Keep on swimming!