28 Jan Recipe | Avocado, prosciutto and pecan salad
0:25 Prep | 0:05 Cook | 8 Servings
A super-easy and intricate side salad packed with luxurious flavour and texture. If you’re planning to transport this dish for a bring-a-plate meal, check out our notes for pack and travel tips.
- 8 slices prosciutto, thin
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime rind, finely grated
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add prosciutto. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Break up into pieces.
- Peel and quarter avocados. Place in a bowl. Add lime rind, juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat.
- Arrange avocado in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with prosciutto, coriander, parsley, pecans and chilli. Serve.