22 Sep SPRING CLEANING – MORE TIME FOR FUN IN THE SUN WITH THESE TIME SAVING LIFE HACKS
Spring has sprung and with it has brought perfect weather for Spring cleaning and getting some of those ‘around the house’ jobs ticked off the list. Winter germs can be banished and make way for sunshine-filled days.
We know you would much rather be enjoying this springtime weather than cleaning, so we have found this 4 fantastic time-saving Spring Cleaning life hacks and just had to share!
- Clean dust and grime that has built up overwinter on your ceiling fans using an old pillowcase. Slide the pillowcase over the fan and run along the edges, built-up grime will fall into the pillowcase making it much easier to clean the fan.
- Sprinkle a dryer sheet with a few drops of water and scrub off hard water and residue build-up on glass shower screens. You can also clean your showerheads by removing them and soaking them in white vinegar overnight. Clean water stains on bathroom taps and handles by rubbing them with half a lemon. You will have a shiny fitting that also smell great!
- Make your own all-purpose Miracle cleaner. This recipe was featured on A Current Affair and was originally posted on cheapskates.com.au…
- 5 litre water (1 cup boiled)
- 300ml vinegar
- 60ml dishwashing liquid (or try liquid castille soap to keep it 100% natural)
- 25ml eucalyptus oil
- 3 dessertspoons Lectric Washing Soda
- Mix Lectric Washing Soda with about 1 cup boiling water to dissolve.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 2 litre bottle.
- Pour into left over spray bottles for benches and laundry
- Refill old toilet cleaner bottles to squirt under the rim in the toilet
- Dust vertical or venetian blinds with an old sock. First, mix some detergent and water in a bucket. Then, slip the sock over your hand and dip it into the soapy water. Squeeze out any excess water. Clean the blinds by running your socked hand over the dusty blinds.