06 Oct Spring Recipe: Lemon and Honey Chicken Salad
This light and lovely chicken salad is a tasty combination of sweet and zesty flavours.
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, (plus 1 tbsp lemon juice, extra)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mint leaves, half the leaves finely chopped
- 4 x 200g Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breasts, each sliced into thirds
- 200g podded fresh or frozen broad bean
- 1/2 (200g) garlic ciabatta loaf, halved lengthways, torn into small pieces
- Large handful of mache, or baby spinach
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Step 1
Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Step 2
Combine lemon zest and juice, honey, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and chopped mint in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken, stir to coat, then place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Step 3
Meanwhile, blanch broad beans in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Remove tough outer skins. Set aside.
- Step 4
Place ciabatta on a baking tray and grill for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Step 5
Preheat a chargrill pan to high. Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until caramelised and cooked through.
- Step 6
Toss broad beans, ciabatta, mache, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and whole mint leaves in a large bowl.
- Step 7
Whisk together mustard and remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season. Divide the salad among plates, pour over dressing and top with chicken to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of taste.com.au.