19 Oct Keep hydrated in the warm weather!
With the weather heating up it is important to stay hydrated. Gladstone News has these tips to increase your water intake each day!
- Add flavour to your water – Chugging several glasses of water every day can seem daunting when every cup is tasteless. Add a bit of excitement to your cup by adding fresh fruit, like lemons or strawberries, veggie slices, like cucumber or ginger or herbs like basil or mint to your water jug.
- Use an App to track your water intake – Keeping track of how much water you’ve finished can be easy and fun. There are a number of apps available to download where you can set daily reminders and alarms to help track your drinking.
- Keep a gallon jug nearby – It is easy to remember to fill up your glass when the source is nearby. Keep a large jug at your desk, by the bed at home or on the kitchen bench as a constant reminder to drink up.
- Choose Sparkling or Mineral Water over soda – Drinking this bubbly water is just as good as still water – it just has more pizazz.
- Eat water-rich foods – Add water-dense fruit and vegetables to your shopping list and your diet. Top picks include cucumber which is 96% water, or watermelon which is 92% water.
- Use a marked water bottle – A bottle that is marked with ml or even hours can help you reach your personal water goal each day.