07 Nov Toolooa State High School – Student of the Year!
Congratulations to our 2019 Student of the Year,
Kynan Elliott has been absolutely outstanding in every aspect of his learning since joining us on his very first day of high school in 2014, and was recently presented with the following at our 2019 Awards’ Evening:
- Gladstone Ports Corporation Student of the Year
- Rotary Albert Mills Memorial Humanitarian Student of the Year
- Toolooa All-Rounder
- Australian Defence Force Long Tan Team Leadership Award
- QAL Stem Bursary
- QAL Maths/Science Award
In addition, Kynan achieved VHAs in every single subject, and topped his cohort in:
- Mathematics B
- Mathematics C
- Information Processing and Technology
And received a Platinum Award for his incredible academic achievements.
Not only has Kynan been a model student, and achieved the pinnacle in academia, he has also been incredibly active with community involvement and participation in extra-curricular activities. Most notably, Kynan boasts the following:
- 1st place in three individual categories at this year’s Gladstone Eisteddfod (playing guitar and saxophone)
- Engagement in the National Youth Science Forum
- Participant in University of Queensland’s Youth Scholars’ Program
- Active volunteer work with Toolooa SHS Interact Club, raising money through Relay for Life and Shelter Box
- Active member of Toolooa SHS Student Executive Team, raising money for The Smith Family
Kynan has already received and accepted a conditional offer through the Australian Defence Force as a Maritime Warfare Officer. In 2020, Kynan will engage in job training, and from 2021 onward, he will be based at ADFA in Canberra where he will complete his degree in conjunction with the University of New South Wales.
Kynan has an exceptionally bright future ahead of him. We are proud of not only his accomplishments, but the way that he has conducted himself as an ambassador of our great school for the past six years. Congratulations – Kynan – we wish you every success in your future.