NDIS is a major social reform that is injecting 22 Billion dollars Nationally into the Economy creating major growth in Employment; Retail; Housing; Specialist Services etc.
In this region (Gladstone, Rockhampton and Central West) the figures are as follows:
• Funding per annum will increase from $90million to $220million
• Participants will increase from 2,500 to 4,900
• Workforce will need to increase from 800 to 1,800 FTE
• Better autonomy for clients as services are connected to them, not their provider.
• Potential for far more tailored services for those in need
• More opportunity for small, boutique service providers
Existing clients will change over to NDIS services on November 1st, with the full rollout to take place on January 1, 2018. That means more jobs and better care throughout Flynn!