07 Nov Acai Bowl Recipe
- 1banana – sliced and frozen
- 1/2cup blueberries – frozen
- 1/2cup strawberries – frozen
- 3/4cup milk or juice – use your favourite milk (dairy milk, soy, almond, etc) or juice (apple or grape)
- 1/2cup plain yogurt – (substitute with milk or juice if desired)
- 200grams (2 packets) frozen acai puree – broken into pieces
- assorted toppings- nuts, seeds, fresh fruit, granola, coconut, etc.
- Blend. Once frozen, add the milk and yogurt to the bowl of a large, high-speed blender with a tamper (see tips and tricks). Add the frozen blueberries, strawberries, banana, and broken up acai. With the blender on low, use the tamper to push the frozen fruit down, mixing around as much as possible. Continue to blend on low until smooth, only adding additional liquid when needed.
- Assemble. Divide the smoothie into two bowls and top with all your favourite toppings. Best enjoyed immediately (because it will melt).
Recipe from The Forked Spoon