13 Feb Back to school conversation starters
Do you get the same one-word responses from your kids like we do? Do your conversations start with something like “How was your day?” and then promptly end with a reply like “Good.”? If your kids are back at school you might’ve noticed conversations becoming shorter and less engaging, but not to worry – we’ve got some clever conversation starters to help you connect with your kids again!
- Who did you encourage today? How?
- If you had a do-over button, which part of your day would you press on it?
- If you could be any teacher at school, which one would you be? Why?
- Name something you’re good at now that you weren’t good at last year?
- What part of your day do you wish lasted longer?
- Who do you admire in your class? What do you like about them?
- Tell me something you did today that you’re proud of
Keep it to one or two questions to help start a conversation and be sure to take the time to listen before asking more questions. Be prepared to answer some questions too, remember to tell them about your day openly and honestly so you can both learn more about each other.