18 Jul Catholic Education Week 2017 – St Francis
JOURNEY AS FAMILY IN PEACE THROUGH LOVE.
A strong emphasis is placed on developing an ethos of compassion and care and an opportunity for educational excellence in a Christian environment. A Franciscan Spirituality is adopted with a culture also embracing the Indigenous heritage of this region.
St Francis Catholic Primary School Key Messages
1. Living Christ centred values
2. Teaching the Australian Curriculum through contemporary teaching and learning opportunities
3. Encouraging each child to reach their full potential
4. Achieving ongoing outstanding results in National Testing
5. Providing stimulating extra-curriculum opportunities in Sports, Technologies, 21st Century Learning and the Arts
School purchased devices have been distributed to Years 4-6 to enable 1:1 devices in upper primary, allowing students to fully integrate IT into all aspects of learning through with the use of Google Classroom and Google Apps, investigative projects, robotics and coding.
Lower Primary (P-3) also have access to a range of laptops, desktops and iPads which are used for investigative projects, word processing, robotics and coding.
Some of our extra-curricular activities include:
• Music and Performing Arts culminating in a whole school arts production every 2nd year
• Choirs, Instrumental Music, School Band
• Sports programs for teams, individuals and whole school
• Active Sports Mornings ‘Kick Start’
• Outdoor Education including camps, swimming, surf lifesaving and excursions
• Environmental Science and Sustainability Education, Friends of Francis
• Information Communication Technologies – Robotics/Coding Clubs