20 Oct Enjoy GPC’s parklands safely this summer
Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC) invests in over $2 million in maintaining quality social spaces for our community such as the East Shores Precinct, Spinnaker Park and the Gladstone Marina. Our parklands are award-winning, and both GPC and the community are very proud of these facilities.
During the warmer months, we would like to provide you with an update on our parkland information.
- It’s spring, and snakes and magpies are moving around our parklands. Please exercise caution whilst near gardens and trees to avoid interaction with wither of these species.
- To keep our parklands in great condition for all to enjoy, please use the collection bags provided and clean up after your pets.
- As the weather gets hotter, our opening times for the East Shores water play park are longer. From now until the end of February, you can enjoy our free water play park from 9:00am to 9:00pm every day.
- Remember to cover up with sunscreen, a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses, seek shade when possible, and avoid being outside for long periods during the middle of the day.
- Please also be conscious that outdoor surfaces such as pathways, roadways, soft fall in the play areas and play equipment can get hot when in direct sunlight, so take care and ensure that children wear appropriate footwear when playing during the day.
- Incorporated in the East Shores Precinct are iconic features and artefacts that reflect Gladstone’s rich maritime history. Please ensure that children only play on designated play equipment and not on these features and artefacts.
The East Shores Precinct is open all day, every day and is under 24-hour video surveillance in the interest of public safety.
For more information about GPC’s parklands, please visit www.gpcl.com.au/community/our-parklands