04 Mar GPC Fish of The Month Photo Competition T&C’s
Terms and conditions
- Competition: The Promoter is Gladstone News. By participating in this competition, contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. There is no entry fee for this competition.
- Method of entry: Contestants must submit their favourite personal fishing photo taken in the Gladstone Region, please note: web prints & reproductions or other falsified artwork will NOT be accepted. The photo must be attached in an email with subject line “Gladstone Ports Corporation – Fish of The Month” with the angler’s name, address, contact phone number(s), Fish Species and quality of fish in the body of the email. Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com and received before the last working day of the Month (from March 2020- Feb 2021) and must be submitted prior to 11.59pm AEST; Contestants may submit more than one entry, each entry must be submitted separately and entrants may only win one prize per month. If an entry does not contain the relevant information as outlined above the entry will not be considered by the Promoter.
- Prizes: 1x Fishing Voucher valued at $50.00 (inclusive GST) to spend at selected local fishing supply stores to be won each month. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or any other prize.
- Eligibility limitations: Entry is open to permanent residents of the Gladstone region of all ages. Contestants under the age of 18 require parent/guardian permission to enter. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter so far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, biological or adopted child, and sibling (whether biological or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter. Photos of sharks or any fish which are caught in the activities of commercial fishing will not be considered. Fish caught onboard a fishing charter which an entrant has paid for will be accepted.
- Draw and notification: The prize winner(s) will be selected by Gladstone News on the last working day of each month and prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The winner will be determined by the Promoter at their discretion and the Promoter’s decision is final and cannot be contested. The winner’s details will be published on the Gladstone News Facebook page and published in the next printed edition. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish their name and photo. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prize collection: Prizes must be claimed in person unless the winner is otherwise advised ID that includes a photograph will be required. Upon request by the Promoter, a copy of the general contest rules and/or a signed receipt and acknowledgement must be signed and endorsed by any winner to indicate their understanding and acceptance of these terms. All prizes must be picked up within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
- Promoter’s limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for any loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise contact details provided by a winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, death or injury resulting from the promotion. All contestants release from, and indemnify the Promoter, against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in
the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
This competition will be in accordance with the laws of Queensland and any other applicable laws. Any associated costs with entry of the competition will be the entrants’ responsibility and the Promoter will not be liable for these costs.
- Entries and privacy: All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter (subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement). All entries will be used only for competition purposes. Under the Privacy Act, the names and addresses of all entrants in this competition will not be shared or distributed to other parties unless specified.
The contestants agree that the Promoter and its related parties are subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement as set out in these terms.
Any entries that do not comply with the above terms and conditions will NOT be considered by the Promoter.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions: The Promoter reserves the right to amend the rules, terms and conditions of their competitions at any time, or to suspend this or any competition, as it sees fit and without notice. The Promoter may also create rules that apply to a specific competition only.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that does not comply with any of the above, even after the entry is submitted on the competition website.