21 Apr GRC launches Connect, Innovate & Create.
What is it?
It is an opportunity for Gladstone Region-based microbusinesses to:
- Strengthen sustainability
- Increase networking
- Access start-ups training
- Increase awareness about existing resources, programs and other networks
- Develop “digitalisation”
This will be achieved through a step-by-step process. The first part of the process is well underway with the Engaging with community Forum held lst week.
Council will select up to eight expressions of interest for the foundational workshop and up to 16 for the pop-up enterprise.
There will be Foundational workshops Start your business, Framework for innovation, Business Modelling & Pop-up Enterprise Council will work with mirco and small business with Increasing access to resources Enhancing networking Co-working Innovation theory, Digital Media and Microbusinesses (featuring Elevate Media) Legal/Accountant information session for start-ups
What is a microbusiness?
An organisation with up to five (5) employees, different types including:
- Home-based business (e.g. hairdresser)
- Franchise (e.g. boost juice)
- Online business (e.g. eBay)
- Family business (e.g. farming)
- Independent contractor (e.g. consultant)
- Importer (e.g. condiments)
- Exporter (e.g. bush tucker)
For further info contact Council’s Strategic Community Inclusion Officer Luis Arroyo on (07) 4976 6352