25 Mar Recipe | Succulent Lamb Stew
0:06 Prep | 2:00 Cook | 6 Servings
With the cooler days on the way, why not try this succulent lamb stew slow-cooked in an olive & tomato sauce!
- ½ a bunch of fresh rosemary, (15g)
- 800 g lamb shoulder, bone out
- 150 g mixed-colour olives, (stone in)
- 1 x 280 g jar of silverskin pickled onions
- 2 x 400 g tins of plum tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas 3.
- Place a 30cm shallow casserole pan on high heat, strip in the rosemary leaves, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and crisp up for 1 minute while you dice the lamb into 3cm chunks.
- Scoop out the rosemary and put it aside, adding the lamb to the pan for 2 minutes to get some colour.
- Meanwhile, squash the olives and remove the stones. Drain the pickled onions and stir into the pan with the olives. Toss well, then pour in the tinned tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, as well as 2 tins’ worth of water.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours, or until thick, delicious and tender, stirring halfway and loosening with a splash of water, if needed.
- Taste, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, sprinkle over the crispy rosemary leaves and serve. Simple.