16 Nov Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACOS
These slow cooker chicken tacos make for an easy Mexican feast any day of the week.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a little more for seasoning
- black pepper, as needed for seasoning
- 2 pounds bone-in half chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup corriander leaves
- 12 tortillas
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl combine olive oil, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, coriander, and cumin, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add spice mixture, tomato sauce, maple syrup, and salt to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, add to slow cooker and coat both sides with sauce.
- Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours, or low setting for 3 to 5 hours, until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Transfer chicken to a plate, shred with two forks and place back into the sauce, stir to coat.
- Add in lime juice and stir to combine.
- Warm the tortillas and fill them with about 1/4 cup of shredded chicken.
- Garnish tacos with cilantro, serve with limes and any additional toppings.
A vibrant blend of sweet pineapple, tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice, red onion, and coriander gives this salsa so much flavour! It is great in tacos or even served with corn chips.
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- In a large bowl combine pineapples, tomatoes, red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice and minced jalapenos.
- Gently stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve salsa immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.