19 Nov SPICED GINGERBREAD COOKIE BARS
These Spiced Gingerbread Cookie Bars will definitely fill you with the spirit of the holiday season. They are slightly spicy, tender and sweet and just delicious. You can top them with a basic white icing, or with a delicious cream cheese frosting or don’t top them at all. I promise they are delicious any way you serve them.
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
TOTAL TIME25 mins
- 1/2cup butter melted
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1 1/2cups brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3cup molasses
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 2cups flour
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon allspice
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9″×13″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses and beat until creamy, about 1-2 minutes. *The batter does get thick, so a stand mixer works best if you have one.
- Add the egg and stir until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until dough is well combined. It will be thick, like cookie dough.
- Spread the dough with a silicone spatula (or your fingers) evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and let cool.
- Cool completely before frosting (optional) and cutting into squares. Add