06 May Wet Lips by Auckland House
Named Wet Lips because you lick your lips after each sip, this drink is Auckland House’s sweet twist on the classic Margarita.
It has murky origins, but it’s believed the original Margarita was created when US socialite Margarita Sames mixed her two favourite spirits, Cointreau and Tequila together with lime juice while she was on vacation in Acapulco in 1948.
Nowadays there are tons of variations in flavour, and you can order it frozen or even fried!
However you like to drink your Margarita, be sure to enjoy it responsibly – and preferably with a group of friends.
If you’re no Mixologist, why not save yourself the hassle and get the friendly team at Auckland House to make you one next time you pop in for lunch or dinner.
Located at East Shores, they’re open every day, 7am to late.
- 30ml high of quality blanco tequila
- 30ml of blueberry flavoured vodka
- 60ml of Margarita Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for glass rims
- Six frozen blueberries
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- 1 lime
- Run a lime wedge around the outer rims of two rocks glasses and dip rims in sugar. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blueberries and four slices of lime, add tequila, vodka, and margarita mix. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled (about 15 seconds).
- Fill glasses with fresh ice, and strain Wet Lips into both glasses.
- Garnish with blueberries and serve.
- Remember to drink responsibly!