23 Apr ANAZ Biscuit Recipe
With the cancellation of Anzac Day services around the globe, many have been left wondering how to commemorate the fallen Anzac’s on the national day of remembrance. Baking Anzac biscuits is a respectful way to honour the members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp from the comfort of home. It also serves as a great way to educate children on history, politics and food technology.
Easy | 0:10 Prep | 0:20 Cook | Makes 27
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 125g unsalted butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add golden syrup and water.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes.
- Biscuits will harden when cool.
For crunchier biscuits, use more golden syrup.