03 Sep NATURAL SKINCARE & MAKEUP WITH KATRINA FROM THE HEALTH NUT
As it is Women’s Health Week, Katrina from The Health Nut discusses Natural Skincare and Makeup.
We should be mindful of the chemicals and products we are putting on our largest organ – our skin. The skin absorbs up to 60% of all products we apply to it into our bloodstream.
With access to great technology at our fingertips, we should not be oblivious of the chemicals in our products. One App I like to use is called The Chemical Maze. It is easy to download and easy to read. I have used it to look up some well-known chemicals used in Commercial makeup and skincare ranges.
Here are just six reasons why you should choose more natural/organic skincare and makeup;
- They are SAFE. Commercial cosmetics are not heavily regulated and could carry many different toxins which are known as carcinogenic.
- They can leave your skin with irritations. Used over a long period of time they can cause gut and health issues.
- Natural cosmetics are healing, they will help to make your skin glow.
- Natural or Organic make up is generally formulated without the use of pesticides, synthetics or herbicides. You can make your own natural cosmetics, skincare and deodorant from natural ingredients. They are cruelty-free.
- They don’t mess with your Hormones – Some products (phthalates) used in cosmetics such as nail polish, hairspray and fragrances (which is a chemical cocktail in itself) – have been linked to early puberty in both girls and boys.
- Choosing an organic skincare make up range is supporting the health of our planet.
The Health Nut on Toolooa Street has a great range of organic skincare products including Eco Tan, Inika and Raww Cosmetics. Come down and have a look. We can help steer you in the right direction to start your journey into the natural way.