02 Jun Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Who doesn’t love a nice, big bowl of steaming pumpkin soup on a cool June night? This is the perfect pumpkin soup recipe, and you can make it with just a handful of ingredients.
- 1.5kg pumpkin
• Olive oil
• 1 teaspoon dried chilli
• 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
• 1 large onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 carrot
• 1 stick of celery
• 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Half the pumpkin and remove the seeds (you can keep these for roasting), then chop into wedges.
- Place the pumpkin on two large baking trays and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind the chilli and coriander seeds with a pinch of salt until finely ground.
- Sprinkle the spices over the pumpkin with some black pepper.
- Roast the pumpkin for 1 hour, or until soft and slightly caramalised at the edges.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the onion, garlic, carrot and celery.
- Heat a lug of olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan then add the vegetables and cook for 15 minutes, or until soft and sweet but not coloured.
- When the squash is ready, add to the pan with the hot stock. Blend with a stick blender, adding a little more water if you like a thinner consistency.
Recipe and photo courtesy of JamieOliver.com